Скачать 1.74 Mb.
Каушанская. Сборник упражнений по грамматике английского языка
Part I. ACCIDENCE
Exercise 1. State the morphological composition of the following nouns.
Snow, sandstone, impossibility, widower, opinion, exclamation, passer-by, misunderstanding, inactivity, snowball, kingdom, anticyclone, mother-of-pearl, immobility, might, warmth, succession, ex-president, nurse, misdeed, wisdom, blackbird, attention, policeman, merry-go-round, girlhood, usefulness, fortune, friendship, statesman, brother-in-law, population, fellow-boarder, smelling-salt.
Exercise 2. Point out the nouns and define the class each belongs to.
1. Don't forget, Pettinger, Europe is still the heart of the world, and Germany the heart of Europe. (Heym) 2. Pursuing his inquiries, Clennam found that the Gowan family were a very distant ramification of the Barnacles... (Dickens) 3. His face was sick with pain and rage. (Maltz) 4. He drank coffee, letting the warmth go through his cold, tired body. (This is America) 5. But there is only one place I met with the brotherhood of man, and it was in the Communist Party. (This is America) 6. The mysteries of storm and the rain and tide were revealed. (Galsworthy) 7. Having set the tea, she stood by the table and said slowly: "Tea's ready, Father. I'm going to London." (Galsworthy) 8. By this time, quite a small crowd had collected, and people were asking each other what was the matter. (Jerome i(. Jerome) 9. There were several small losses: a spoon used for the baby's feeding, a pair of scissors. (Lessing) 10. He was professor of physics. (London) 11. A band of dark clouds lay across the sky, and underneath it was the last pale brilliance of the evening. (Murdoch) 12. "I have some luggage," he said, "at the Brumblehurst Station," and he asked her how he could have it. (Wells) 13. In the kitchen Bowen read the telegram aloud. (Amis) 14. The crowd laughed and moved, pushing every way and everybody. (This is America) 15. De Witt fished through his pockets, found his eyeglasses, carefully slipped them out of their case... (Heylri) 16. A stone caught her heel. (Maltz) 17. George suggested meat and fruit pies, cold meat, tomatoes, fruit and green stuff. (Jerome K. Jerome) 18. The silvercoloured carpet felt wonderfully soft beneath his feet, the furniture was of a golden wood. (Galsworthy) 19. The major seemed to be looking out at the sky... (Heytn) 20. Winslow spoke with his usual caustic courtesy. (Snow) 21. The bourgeoisie is cowardly. (London) 22. The moon was shining through the tree stems when they sax again side by side on the log seat. (Galsworthy) 23. "It's not Sunday, tomorrow," said Karg. (Heytn) 24. He looked down at his audience. (Heyrri) 25. His hair was grey and he was short and fat. (Hemingway)
Face, portfolio, swine, house, tomato, hearth, mother-in-law, basis, clergyman, ox, cry, key, fox, downfall, looker-on, rock, bush, enemy, leaf, roof, genius, hero, bunch, sheep, ship, criterion, youth, journey, penknife, man-of-war, loss, datum, goose, deer, pie, Englishwoman, wolf, mouse, formula, bath, volcano, possibility, forget-me-not, foot, handkerchief, thief, crisis, stepdaughter, birth, echo, finger-tip, court martial, joy, mischief-maker, extremity, spy, lie.
1. "There — money in my pocket," 1 said to the porter, (is, are) (Hemingway) 2. I know my hair __ beautiful, everybody says so. (is, are) (Hardy) 3. The works __ his country, his home, his reason for being, (was, were) (Heym) 4. These white swine — not live, (does, do) (Sabatini) 5. Means __ easily found, (was, were) (Thackeray) 6....this watch __ a special favourite with Mr. Pickwick, having been carried about... for a greater number of years than we feel called upon to state, at present, (was, were) (Dickens) 7. "Good," I said. "No one shall tell me again that fish — no sense with them." (has, have) (Llewellyn) 8. The deer __ ravaging the man's fields, (was, were) (Twain) 9. Money __ so scarce that it could fairly be said not to exist at all. (was, were) (Dreiser) 10. I was here before the gates __ opened, but I was afraid to come straight to you. (was, were) (Dickens) 11. The papers __ dull, the news _ local and stale, and the war news __ all old. (was, were) (Hemingway) 12. At Capracotta, he had told me, there __ trout in the stream below the town, (was, were) (Hemingway) 13. The sugartongs __ too wide for one of her hands, and she had to use both in wielding them, (was, were) (Ch. Bronte) 14. Her hair __ loose and half-falling, and she wore a nurse's dress, (was, were) (Hemingway) 15. And the baggage __ apparatus and appliances, (contain, contains) (Wells) 16. The china __ good, of a delicate pattern, (was, were) (Dreiser) 17. The nurse's wages.: __ good... (was, were) (Collins)
1. For four months, since in the canteen she saw Jon's tired smile, he had been one long thought in her mind. (Galsworthy) 2. Agnes was at her wit's-end. (Lindsay) 3. Since his illness, however, he had reluctantly abandoned this attempt to get twentyfour hours’ work out of each day. (Murdoch) 4....the Radicals' real supporters were the urban classes. (Galsworthy) 5. To Elizabeth it seemed that the lines with which fear had falsely aged his face were smoothed away, and it was a boy's face which watched her with a boy's enthusiasm. (Greene) 6. For his honor's sake Torn has got to commit suicide. (Saroyan) 7. They were to leave the house without an instant's delay and go at once to the river's edge and go aboard a steamer that would be waiting there for them. (Buck) 8. And he lifted his strange lowering eyes to Derek's. (Galsworthy) 9. I was encouraged when, after Roger had proposed the guest of honor's health, Lufkin got up to reply. (Snow) 10. "Where are the children?" "I sent them to mother's." (Cronin) 11. Philip heard a man's voice talking quickly, but soothingljr, over the phone. (/. Shaw) 12. Presently Rex was on his two miles' walk to Offendene. (Eliot) 13. That early morning he had already done a good two hours' work. (Galsworthy) 14. Bowen sat on the veranda of Buckmaster's house. (Amis) 15. Crime is the product of a country's social order. (Cronin) 16. I spotted the bride's father's uncle's silk hat on the seat of a straight chair across the room. (Salinger) 17. I spent Christmas at my aunt Emily's. (Braine) 18. We took some bread and cheese with us and got some goat's milk up there on the pasture. (Voynich) 19. He was still thinking of next morning's papers. (Snow) 20. Why, for God's sake, why must we go through all this hell? (Saroyan) 21. A man stepped out from a tobacconist's and waved to them, and the car slid to the kerb and. stopped. (Greene) 22. A woman's love is not worth anything until it has been cleaned of all romanticism. (Murdoch) 23. Her skin was as dry as a child's with fever. (Greene)
1. Well, I'd rather be married to a saint that never saw my good looks than to a sinner who saw every other __. (woman) (Buck) 2. The breakfast table at __ was usually a very pleasant one, and was always presided over by Bella. (Mr. Boffin) (Dickens) 3. "I think __ friendships are much deeper than __," Mrs. Thompson said, (men, women) (Braine) 4. That night he had chosen a basement bar a __ throw from Scotland Yard... (stone) (Hansford Johnson) 5. As he passed through the __ room he saw an evening paper spread out conspicuously on the desk of the __ nephew. (clerks, director) (Greene) 6. But I suppose that need not prevent us from quarrelling to our __ content in future, (heart) (Voynich) 7. With one cold glance could she send me back into childhood with all a lonely __ terrors and shames, (child) (Lindsay) 8. I will even go farther, if you like, and admit, for __ sake and for __ sake, that the identity of Lady Glyde, as a living person, is a proved fact to Miss Hal combe "and yourself, (courtesy, argument) (Collins) 9. He stopped to dinner that evening and much to — satisfaction made a favorable impression on her father. (Ruth) (London) 10. He said to her: "Look at my brother __ property." (James) (Galsworthy) 11. He had not been at __ for nearly two years. (Timothy) (Galsworthy) 12. Benson... was listening among the __ representatives cocking his head on one side, (workers) (Lindsay) 13. He had never thought that a mere __ hand could be sweetly soft, (woman) (London) 14. But he was daunted the next moment by his own and __ insignificance. (Milly) (Greene) 15. But by that time the bride was near the end of the first _ journey towards Florence, (day) (Dickens) 16....he too wished she had remained at home, as did most of the __ families, (congressmen) (Stone) 17. You need a good __ sleep, (night) (Shaw) 18. Haven't you noticed that other __ bread-and-butter is always much nicer than your own? Robert is like that. He always prefers __ fireside, (people, somebody else) (Maugham) 19. The __ wives were more expensively dressed than the Civil __, and in general more spectacular, (politicians, servants) (Snow) 20. One evening, on the way to the __, I saw Irwing sitting on the steps of his house, (grocer) (Saroyan) 21. I cannot be blamed for all my __ doings, (kin) (Lindsay)
1. Давид провел две недели в Ярмуте у мистера Пеготти. 2. Уезжая в Ярмут, мальчик ничего не знал о предполагаемом (intended) браке своей матери. 3. После путешествия, которое длилось несколько часов, Пеготти с Давидом прибыли в Ярмут. 4. Приближаясь к дому мистера Пеготти, Давид увидел детскую фигурку, стоявшую на пороге. 5. Дядя Хэма и Эмили усыновил их, когда они были детьми. 6. Пеготти с гордостью говорила о доброте своего брата. 7. Двухнедельное пребывание в Ярмуте доставило Давиду большое удовольствие. 8. В присутствии мужа миссис Копперфильд боялась приласкать своего сына. 9. После минутной нерешительности Давид подошел к миссис Копперфильд и поцеловал ее. 10. После смерти жены мистер Мердстон послал Давида в Лондон, где мальчик должен был работать в торговом доме (warehouse) Мердстона и Гринби.
Целью работы является теоретическое изучение инфраструктуры asp. Net web Parts Framework и основные навыки в построении и управлении...
Со Ltd Kyiv, hereinafter referred 10 as the "Supplier" on the one part, and hereinafter referred to as the "Customer", on the other...
Обожаю коллажи и не могла пройти мимо этого урока! На Демиарте такого не нашла
Сo " a legal entity under the laws of United Arab Emirates, Company represented by Mr. Seo O seok, acting on the basis of the Power...
Я несколько раз получал от людей просьбы узнать о том, как я создаю свои анимации Так что это первая часть уроков, которая, я надеюсь,...